Job interviews can be daunting. In today’s economic environment, competition for jobs is stiff, while companies increasingly face the challenge of finding skilled candidates for the job. Given the dynamics of the job market, when landing an interview, potential employees need to ensure that they are fully prepared for the interview process. Bearing this in mind, Caterpillar, the global leader in construction and mining equipment, has initiated a tried and tested means to increase the technical knowledge of those who wish to pursue careers as service technicians. Boost your career prospects today with the Caterpillar free online course, Technicians for Africa, based on material from the Caterpillar University Global Service Technician training program.
Preparing for an interview is an essential element in the job hunt, requiring dedication and commitment to the cause. The task can be intimidating, but with the Caterpillar free training, technicians can feel confident when approaching the interview, safe in the knowledge that they have achieved Foundational Certification after completing eighteen entirely free online courses.
Tips for approaching a job interview
- Practise answering the questions which you expect to be asked at the interview. This reduces the risk of being taken by surprise on the day of the interview.
- Research the company and the requirements of the job, implying that you impress a potential employer with your knowledge of their business.
- Read up on current trends in your industry, in order to demonstrate your interest and prowess as a technician.
- Ensure that you present yourself professionally at the interview, in terms of your appearance and social etiquette.
- Revise your CV, both when searching for a job and when invited to attend an interview. This includes preparing how to discuss your educational and career history.
Technicians for Africa is just the way to improve your CV and enhance your chances of success as a service technician. The online courses are designed for study at your own pace, although certification generally takes just three to six months. In today’s tough job climate, Caterpillar provides the ideal means to set you on the path to success. Take the next step today and get started. It is a sure way to build up your confidence for a job interview and to increase your chances of being the best candidate for the job.