A great deal of construction and mining machinery uses hydraulics components in order to function. An understanding of the basic principles of hydraulic systems is thus of immense benefit to technicians wanting to further their knowledge, and add valuable skills to their CV.
Learn all about hydraulic systems
Because so many Cat® machine parts rely on hydraulics, this module is essential to technicians who want a deeper understanding of the equipment that they use every day. The Hydraulics Fundamentals module teaches basic hydraulics principles, including identification of different types of pumps, assembly of different hydraulic systems and identification of ISO hydraulic systems. The module also covers safety measures that must be taken when working with hydraulics, including personal safety, facility safety and equipment safety.
The Hydraulics Fundamentals module is one of 18 Caterpillar training courses offered by Technicians for Africa. This free Caterpillar online course covers the following:
- Basic principles of hydraulic systems
- Effects of flow through an orifice
- Gear pumps, vane pumps and piston pumps – assembly, disassembly and identification
- Identification and operation of: simple relief valves, pilot operated relief valves, flow control valves, pressure reducing valves, pressure differential valves, check valves, makeup valves, sequence valves and directional control valves
- Identification and operation of: single acting cylinders and double acting cylinders
- Building open and closed-centre hydraulic systems
- Identification of ISO hydraulic symbols
- Trace oil flow through ISO hydraulic schematics
- Trace oil flow and operation of pilot operated implement systems
Free technician training in Tanzania
The Hydraulics Fundamentals module is part of a programme of free Caterpillar training courses offered by Technicians for Africa. Comprising 18 modules that can be completed online over a period of 3 to 6 months, the courses offer a comprehensive overview of Cat machinery (covering assembly, correct use, maintenance and safety) commonly used in the construction and mining industries. In addition to hydraulics, students also learn the basics of electricity and engines.
A valuable addition to your CV
This free Caterpillar online course is a valuable addition to your CV, whether you are an experienced technician or still in training. Large construction companies prefer to hire workers with additional training, while the certificate of completion received having completed all 18 modules can be used by aspiring technicians to gain entry into a vocational school.
CAT, CATERPILLAR, their respective logos, “Caterpillar Yellow,” the “Power Edge” trade dress as well as corporate and product identity used herein, are trademarks of Caterpillar and may not be used without permission.
©2017 Caterpillar All Rights Reserved